Tuesday, November 11, 2008

X-Flies

So, I spent part of August, and all of September and October canning. That is where I disappeared to. I didn't clean house, I didn't cook, I just took care of kids (kinda) and did a ton of canning. We have Apricot Pie filling, whole tomatoes, diced tomatoes, pears, peaches, apple pie filling, a TON of jelly and jam, a Ton of Applesause, and salsa. I made it that whole time without fruit flies. It was amazing and I was counting myself lucky until the very last week of October. Every day since then there are 4-6 flies around my house and they are driving me crazy!!! Mostly because every single day I kill 4-6 and the very next day there are 4-6 more. So I came up with a hypothesis. I think they are X-Flies. Just like certain X-Men who have regenerating powers, I'm totally convinced that these little stinkers can survive any kind of death and come back to haunt me. I'm going to find their weakness, one of these days.

In other news, here are the rest of the pregnancy pics that a few have requested.

6 Months

Ok, starting to feel crappy. Can anyone tell? This is desperate mommy at the end of the day with no makeup. This is a good day because I got a shower and I got dressed. I think church is the only place I wear makeup at this point. I just don't care. I want to sleep. This is 7 months and I feel like a freight liner. Now I'm down to 6-7 weeks or so. I can't wait for this to end. I'd rather be sleep deprived with a newborn everytime. At least I can breathe and bend over. Although, I do have to admit it's cool to feel the baby move.

I usually make something for each kid. This little boy is getting my first attempt at a quilt. This is the top, though my mom picked up the finished product from the quilters last week and says it is amazing. So, when I get it back I'll post that pic, but for now, here is the topper.

Alright, I think I got most of my thoughts out. It's time to sleep.

1 comment:

The Learner said...

Wow! You've been busy! I imagine you're tired. You put all of your nesting instincts into canning :)
Good for you! Hope you can rest for the next few weeks. Love ya!