Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh the things children say...

I love how kids keep you hopping (most of the time). Sometimes I will take a shower while William is sleeping and Abby is watching cartoon or playing on the computer. Today she knocked and asked if she could shower too. Who is going to turn that down? I had an opportunity when I didn't have to fight her to take a bath. I said yes. So she hopped in, I finished shaving and got her cleaned up. While I'm turned around,

Abby pops up and says, "Mom, you have a big botttom!"

Thinking to myself, Thanks a lot!. Out loud, "I know honey, I hope it disappears when the baby is born."

Then I turn around and almost smack her with my pregnant belly.

"Mom, You have a big belly too!"

Thinking to myself, Ya think! Out loud "I know honey, that should disappear when the baby is born too."

I hop out of the tub to go get dressed while Abby finishes soaking in the shower. From my room I can hear...

In a sing-song voice "Big butt, big belly, big butt, big belly..."

In a child that would be a few years older, they would be teasing me. But she was just singing in the shower. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I hope she doesn't bring it up again. And on second thought, I think I'll make sure to shower on my own for awhile. It might be worth the fight to clean her up later. :D

No comments: