Friday, March 06, 2009

Abby and deductive reasoning

So last week, Abby and I were talking about fingers and what the names of all the fingers were. Pinky and thumb were easy, but she was getting the other three mixed up. No worries though. The next day, I was getting ready and was cleaning my ears out with Q-tips. Abby came in and wanted to clean her ears too.

Mom - If you want to clean your ears, then I need to help you. We have to be careful with the Q-tips so that they don't go into your ear too far and break your ear drum.

Abby - Oh, we don't want to break my ear drum, cuz that would hurt huh mom.

Mom - Yup

Abby - That's ok mom, that's what this finger is for (holding up right pointer finger). This is my ear finger so that I don't break my ear drum.

It's amazing how much they really retain when you don't think they are really paying attention.

1 comment:

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

oh so smart! How cute!